Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

2x4 Christmas Tree

Earlier this year during July I made a 2x4 American Flag. 
You can find that post HERE. Back when I was making it I was thinking about the year and what other things I wanted to make. I had an idea come to me about making a Christmas tree out of wood. 
Today I am going to show you how you can make one!

To start you will need to cut some wood from your 2x4. My handy man hubby cut mine out for me.
The sizes of mine are: {going from left to right}
Star: 3 1/2" (I cut the star pattern out on my cricut first)
2- 3 1/2" (for top & bottom}
1- 4 1/2"
 1- 5 1/2"
1- 6 1/2"
1- 7 1/2"


Next, I got my paint out and got to work. I painted the star yellow, the tree light green and the trunk brown.


When that dried, I sanded around the edges of all the blocks. I am one that really likes the old antique look!

Then I mod podged some green polka dot paper onto all the green blocks to dress it up. 

I also added some read berries in between the blocks. I hot glued them to the top of each block so they would stay in place. I also put a strip of hot glue on the back of each block that had the berries to help even it out so it wouldn't tip backwards. This also helps so they don't slide all over. 

Here it is all put together:


Ahh! I loved how it turned out and can't wait to put it up!




Joining these Link Parties HERE

11 comments:

  1. Put a picture and a link to here on my facebook page..this is too cute not to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill this is really cute! Great idea.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea :) I too love the antique look - wonder if i could make a small version.. hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this?! It turned out really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Love how you used the red berries to add an extra splash of color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I seriously love every. single. project. you ever make. Love love love. You're fabulous. That's all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The talent in the blogmosphere blows my mind away - I think if we all got together we could build a country lol
    This is the cutest project ever!
    Thanks so much for sharing - I'm just loving it and will definitely have to try it!
    Your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow back when you have the time :)
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your tree is so cute! I like the square shape, it's different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have loads of wood - what a great idea.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill, this is AWESOME! I love seeing your projects every week. Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips