Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

{A Teacher Affects Eternity} Thank You Gift

Last Thursday, the 28th my cute little girl graduated her 1st year of preschool ! I cant believe she is already done. It seems that she just started school. She is growing up way too fast!! Here she is the day of her Graduation.
Doesn't she look so cute in her cap?!?

I wanted her to give her teacher a Thank You Gift at the end of graduation. I had been looking around on Pinterest and throughout blogland and I found so many cute things I wanted to do. 
But when It came time to get it done I decided to make something I came up with instead. 

I made a cute framed quote so she could put it up in her classroom. I found the neatest quote and knew this would be the perfect gift. 

The quote is:
"A teacher affects eternity: she doesn't know where her influence stops." -Henry Adams

I fell in love with it the minute I read it!!!

How I made it:
I first went to my picture frame stash and found a frame that would work. It is an 8x10 frame. 

I wanted to go with a red, yellow and gray color scheme. So I spray painted the frame yellow. I put about 6 coats on it so you couldn't see the brown color at all.

While that was drying I designed the quote mixing in different fonts in it and lining it up how I wanted it. I cut it out in white vinyl on my cricut.

Next, I put that on a solid red paper and then put that on a gray polka dot paper and put it in the frame.

I shaped the quote the way I did so I could put embellishments in the corner with the hole. 
I made 3 paper pinwheel flowers in 3 sizes to put there. 
To see the Tutorial on how to make these go HERE.

Now for the finished gift....



This was definitely at the top of the list of favorite things I've made. I really wanted to keep it for myself:) I just might be making another one, with a different quote!

I didn't want it to get ruined in a bag or a box so I just tied some red tulle around it like this:
I also found some cute thank you card printables for teachers over here at Shaken Together. I cut out the one I liked and put it on some yellow paper. 
Then attached it to the tulle:

Here is Miss Kaitlyn giving it to her teacher:
Her teacher Loved it!!
Photobucket

52 Mantels

The Taylor House











the Grant Life
Blissful and Domestic








One Artsy Mama

SixSistersStuff.com











2 comments:

  1. Nice job! Love the colors. Thanks for linking up to the Creative Corner Hop.

    Holly
    Holly's Stamping Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote! I love the yellow frame! Such a pretty color combo! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips